Arlenis Sosa interviews with Teen Vogue




Teen Vogue: Hey Arlenis! What are you up to these days?

Arlenis Sosa: I've been really busy working with Lancome and other modeling jobs. I'm busy but it's so fun!

Teen Vogue: With all the traveling you do for work, how do you keep your skin looking healthy and glowy?

Arlenis Sosa: I drink a lot of water because it helps to keep my skin hydrated. Also, when I finish wearing makeup, I remove it immediately with Lancome's Bi-Facil.


Teen Vogue: How do you stay in shape?

Arlenis Sosa: I have a personal trainer who helps me with my exercises; right now I'm doing a lot of Pilates.

Teen Vogue: What does it mean to you to be an internationally successful model of Dominican descent?

Arlenis Sosa: I feel really blessed and proud of being Dominican because I've been able to open up many doors for my fellow Dominican models and black girls in general in the modeling industry. These days there's at least one Dominican model in every agency in the four major cities of the fashion industry. It's really just the beginning, which I think is so exciting!

Teen Vogue: When you started modeling, did you ever encounter people who said you wouldn't make it as a model? How did you overcome that negativity?

Arlenis Sosa: Many people, especially in my country, didn't believe in my work, so I had many ups and downs at the start of my career. I believed in myself, though, and in all the people who trusted and supported me when I was a young model. Those who supported me used to say to me that I always had the potential to be a really big top model, and I always kept faith in those people as well as in God, my mother, my agency, my family, and especially myself.

Teen Vogue: When you're not working, what do you enjoy doing in your free time?

Arlenis Sosa: I like to go to my country to see my family and my friends. I enjoy spending quality time with all of them because they are my rock.

Teen Vogue: Tell me about the Lancome event called Genes Day. Why is this such an important event?

Arlenis Sosa: This is a very, very important event for us. It's a partnership between Lancome and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to help us help children suffering from cancer. On Genes Day, everyone who buys our Genifique product will help contribute to the children's cause.

Teen Vogue: What qualities do you think makes a girl truly beautiful?

Arlenis Sosa: Physically, I believe that a smile is very powerful because it can change any situation that you are dealing with and can even change another person's life. I think that the most precious inner quality is humility because it shows that no matter where you come from or what your social background is, you can still achieve your dreams, be yourself, and be a role model for ones you care about and for people in general.



teenvogue.com

If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "Arlenis Sosa interviews with Teen Vogue"

Post a Comment